VIDL SEO ROADMAP
SEO – The Work We Do
The purpose of this document is to provide you with a list of activities we undertake in the provision of SEO services for your clients. You can take this information and format and brand it for use in your own sales and marketing activities.
Note Regarding Omissions Of Volumes Of Output
You will note we do not list or guarantee the volumes of work we undertake per SEO package, or even generally. This is a deliberate omission and one we will not change. There are two reasons for this:
- Google’s algorithm changes regularly as we all know. We need to retain the flexibility to modify our work processes and flows proactively to Google’s changes, without consultation with clients. Our “product” to your clients are improved positions in Google, not the output of our process.
- We have guarantees surrounding the performance of our campaigns. Clients who ask for “output” guarantees should rather be directed to performance guarantees
First Month Inclusions
❏ SEO Audit
- On-Page SEO Analysis
- Off-Page SEO Analysis
- Keyword Research
❏ Penalty Analysis
- Google Panda Check (http://searchengineland.com/library/google/google-panda-update)
- Google Penguin Check (http://searchengineland.com/library/google/google-penguin-update)
- Google Other Algorithms Check (https://moz.com/google-algorithm-change)
❏ Content Analysis & Fix
- Duplicate Content Analysis using Copyscape (http://www.copyscape.com/)
- Recommendations to fix in case of issues
❏ Backlinks Analysis & Fix
- Submit website in Google Webmaster Tools
- Download all previous links
- Analyze all back-links in terms of latest Google Updates
- Make a list of backlinks, not in compliance any more
- Submit a file in Google Webmaster Tools
❏ On-Page Errors Fixing
- Run On-Page Report in Raven Tools to find On-Page Errors
Meta Issues: It includes issues like duplicate page titles, missing a meta description, page titles that are too short or too long, meta descriptions that are too short or too long, missing a page title, meta descriptions that are considered duplicates!
Visibility Issues: It includes issues like Redirects, Robot Blocking, 404 Errors and Malware!
Content Issues: It includes issues like pages with content with a low word count and duplicate content issues.
Linking Issues: It includes issues like internal links are missing anchor or ALT text, external links are missing anchor or ALT text, internal links are broken, external links are broken, internal links use rel=”nofollow”, external links use rel=”nofollow”
Images Issues: It includes issues like images are missing ALT text, images are missing title text, images are broken
Semantic Structure: It includes pages without headers were detected and pages use Schema.org microdata
- Fix them according to priorities that can help rankings
- Priorities can be different from campaign to campaign
- This is a continuous monthly process until we fix all errors. This can be continued for months depending upon no. of errors
❏ Meta Tags Optimisation
- Meta elements are tags used in HTML and XHTML documents to provide structured metadata about a Web page. Meta tags are a great way for webmasters to provide search engines with information about their sites. Meta tags can be used to provide information to all sorts of clients, and each system processes only the meta tags they understand and ignores the rest.
- We optimize Meta Tags of the page depending upon relevance of pages
- We will keep on repeating this process on a monthly basis until we complete all pages
❏ URL Optimisation
- If URLs are not SEO Friendly, we optimize them
- Redirect old URLs to new ones so that authority of old pages move to new ones
❏ Content Optimization
- We make a list of changes that should be made to optimize the content of pages
- Pass this to the client for approval
- Once approved, we implement them
- This process can be continued in coming months, depending upon no. of pages
❏ Sitemap Submission
- A sitemap is a file where you can list the web pages of your site to tell Google and other search engines about the organization of your site content
- We make sitemap
- Submit it to Webmaster Tools
- We install Google Analytics if not already installed (Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications)
- Set Goals
- Set Filters
- Set Events if applicable
❏ Search Console Tool
- We submit site in Google Webmaster Tools (Google Webmaster Tools is the primary mechanism for Google to communicate with webmasters and helps alert you about issues with your site)
- Set all parameters
- Check Google Messages
- Make actions as required
❏ SEO Recommendations
- We analyze the client’s website and make recommendations that can help the SEO Process
- Here are some examples. These suggestions vary from site to site
- Website Loading Speed
- Mobile-Friendly Check
- Low Content Check in Pages
- Blog Posts Suggestions
- WWW v/s Non-WWW Conflict (Google views your website as two different sites – the www version and the non-www version. This is causing your website’s authority and “link juice” to be split between two websites and potentially causing duplicate content penalties that can hurt your ranking. To solve this it’s wise to permanently redirect the non-www version of your website to the www version.)
- HTTPS/SSL Certificate Recommendation (HTTPS has a reasonably strong correlation with first page Google rankings. This isn’t surprising as Google has confirmed HTTPS as a ranking signal. We suggest you obtain an SSL Certificate for this website. This can easily be done by contacting your hosting or domain registrar)
Regular Monthly Inclusions
❏ Monthly On-Page Error Fixing
- We fix more On-Page SEO Errors
- Depending upon available hours, we continue this process month by month until all errors get fixed
❏ Monthly Link Building
- Local Business Directories. We have a list of top quality Australian Business Directories in terms of authority. We have a research team which keep on analyzing them each month. We remove a few directories and add a few more depending upon quality checks each month.
- Web 2 Properties ( Web 2.0s are simply free blogging platforms. Most properties allow for a pretty crazy amount of freedom including URL modification, ability to place images and video, contact forms and a ton of other goodies like Blogspot, WordPress, Blogger, Squido, Tumblr)
- Guest Posting (Guest posting is creating content and publishing it on another person’s website. Blogs are a very popular platform for guest posting)
- Article Submission (We have a list of top quality directories that only allow unique articles and have authority and repute. Article directories allow users to submit unique articles to the directory for content syndication. These directories allow articles to embed links to other websites with relevant anchor text. Popular article directories are considered authority sites and are constantly crawled by search engine bots)
- Niche Directories Submission (A niche directory is a web directory that focuses on a specific industry, region or subject. We submit to directories that are related to your business and keywords. The benefit of getting listed in niche directories is that the search engines will see that your business is relevant to your keywords)
- Social Bookmarking (Social bookmarking is a way for people to store, organize, search, and manage “bookmarks” of web pages. Users save links to web pages that they like or want to share, using a social bookmarking site to store these links)
- Social Sharing (The practice of sharing content from a website on a social media site or application)
- Indirect Link Building
- Competitor’s Links Analysis & Link Finding
- Infographics Creation and Submission
- Broken Links Back-linking Strategy
And many others depending upon requirements of the campaign!
❏ Monthly Reporting
- Monthly Ranking Report
- Monthly Analytics Report
- Monthly Link Building Report
- On-Page Error Fixing Report
- Google Local Insights Report (Only for 20 or More Keywords Packages where local SEO is included)
- Monthly Remarks
- Monthly Suggestions
❏ Other Inclusions
After analysis of campaigns, we perform multiple other activities as per the requirement of the time including
- Optimization of more pages
- Optimization of blog posts
- URL Optimisation
- Content Optimisation
- More Recommendations if required
And a few more.
Regular Quarterly Inclusions
❏ Full backlink audit to ensure compliance with current Google Quality Guidelines & fixing if required
❏ Strategy Review and Revisions if required
Notes Regarding Website Work Included in SEO Packages
Due to the nature of SEO, there is some website editing work that is included in all our SEO packages. Note though that this editing work is limited to those tasks necessary to achieve optimal results with the SEO program and includes such work as:
❏ Fixing On Page SEO errors
❏ Optimizing meta tags, content, URLs etc
❏ Installing Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools
❏ Setting blogs and blog posts
❏ Replacing duplicate content with updated content you provide
❏ Adding pages to support the SEO program
❏ Installation of codes that support the SEO program
Most other website work and all design requests are NOT included as part of the SEO programs offered.
All such changes can still be completed by our website development team however they will be completely under our Website Maintenance service with the associated costs invoiced.
❏ FIRST MONTH RESPONSIBILITIES
- Business Information: We will send intake forms to the client to fill business information. As soon as this information received, we will start working on link building activities linked with this.
- Business Descriptions: We will send 5 pieces of business descriptions for approval. These will be used in online submissions of business. As soon as approved, we will start submitting them.
- Website Credentials: We will request website credentials (CMS + FTP + Hosting) that are required for multiple SEO activities like On-Page SEO, Meta Tags Optimisation, Installation of Analytics & Search Console, Errors Fixing and others)
- Analytics Access: If Google analytics will already be installed on the website, we will first request access and in case, agency or end client doesn’t have access to installing analytics, we will install a new one.
- Google Business Place Access: If local SEO included (Only for 20 or More Keywords Packages, we will request access to the place
- Approvals of Checklists: To assure quality and consistency, we submit multiple checklists like On-Page Checklist, Blog Optimisation Checklists that need approval from the agency. No critical work required from the Agency, they just need to assure consistency of SEO Optimisation with Brand.
- Action on Recommendations: Most of the activities are included in SEO but some activities need assistance from Agency like
- Loading Speed (We have a dedicated Service for assistance if required)
- Content for low word count pages (Our copywriting services can be used if required)
- Unique content for duplicate content pages (Our copywriting services can be used if required)
- Pages for keywords that require dedicated pages as per analysis (Our copywriting services can be used if required)
- SSL Certificate/HTTPS (Hosting can be contacted for this though we help in the implementation of HTTP to HTTPS version, no charges for this)
- Blog Posts around keywords (Our copywriting services can be used if required)
- FAQs Page (Our copywriting services can be used if required)
❏ MONTHLY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monthly Approvals of Checklists: We submit multiple checklists at intervals for approvals. These need approvals
- Monthly Recommendations: We keep on suggesting at intervals, so we will request the client’s feedback.
❏ QUARTERLY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attending Strategic Sessions: Depending upon outcomes of campaigns, we will request for quarterly sessions to discuss progress, future plan of action and recommendations. These need to be attended.